BBQ Pizza Kit with Lillies Q BBQ Sauce
Using Roots Pizza Dough and a BBQ Pizza Kit, this is a guide to putting it all together.
- Pizza Stone, Peel, Cast Iron Skillet, or Sheet Tray
- Sharp Knife
- Rolling Pin (if needed)
- 10-11 oz Roots Pizza Dough If using the Roots Malt Dough, cut in half.
- 5 fl oz Lillies Q BBQ Sauce
- 6 oz BBQ, Smoked, Pulled Pork
- 1 oz Cole Slaw Dressing
- 4 oz Shredded Cabbage
- 3 oz Roasted Broccoli
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- dash of for serving, as desired: greek oregano, grated parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes
- If using a pizza stone, preheat oven to 400 F and preheat the stone 30-45 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- About 15 minutes before you'd like to start prepping your pizza pull your dough from the refrigerator and let it proof a bit at room temperature. Remove the dough from the Roots bag and cut in half and let it sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. The longer it sits, the easier it will be to work with but the less sweet the dough will taste.
- Roll out the dough ball to a 12-inch round or to your preferred shape. See recipe video for tips on rolling out and shaping pizza dough.
- Assemble the pizza. Spread the BBQ sauce over the rolled out dough with a spoon. If building the pizza QC Style, most of the ingredients are added prior to adding the cheese. Add pulled pork and spread evenly over the pizza.
- Next cover with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Do not add the Cabbage or Cole Slaw Dressing.
- Transfer the assembled pizza to the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is a golden brown.
- While the pizza is cooking, toss the cole slaw dressing with the shredded cabbage. Allow to sit and soak up the dressing while the pizza is cooking.
- Once the pizza is done cooking, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, 1-2 minutes. Top with cole slaw.
- Slice & Serve: Carefully slice the pizza on a cutting board. Slice into 6-8 pieces if using strips or slices.
Pizza Kits are packaged to work with a 10-11 oz. dough ball. The Roots Dough package is 22 oz. or enough for two pizzas or pizza kits.