Cheese Supreme Pizza
Using Roots Pizza Dough and a Cheese Supreme Kit, this is a guide to putting it all together.
- Pizza Stone, Peel, Cast Iron Skillet, or Sheet Tray
- Sharp Knife
- Rolling Pin (if needed)
- 10-11 oz Roots Pizza Dough If using the Roots Malt Dough, cut in half.
- 7 fl oz Roots Pizza Sauce
- 6 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 oz Chihuahua Cheese
- 2 oz Cheddar Cheese Curds
- 1 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 oz Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- dash of for serving, as desired: greek oregano, grated parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes
- If using a pizza stone, preheat oven to 400 F and preheat the stone 30-45 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- About 15 minutes before you'd like to start prepping your pizza pull your dough from the refrigerator and let it proof a bit at room temperature. Remove the dough from the Roots bag and cut in half and let it sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. The longer it sits, the easier it will be to work with but the less sweet the dough will taste.
- Roll out the dough ball to a 12-inch round or to your preferred shape. See recipe video for tips on rolling out and shaping pizza dough.
- Assemble the pizza. Spread the pizza sauce over the rolled out dough. Add the shredded mozzarella as the base and then equally divide the rest of the cheese varieties (Chihuahua, Cheddar Curd, Shredded Cheddar, Shaved Parmesan) along the rest of the pizza.
- Transfer the assembled pizza to the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is a golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, 1-2 minutes, before slicing.
- Slice & Serve: Carefully slice the pizza on a cutting board. Slice into 6-8 pieces if using strips or slices.
Pizza Kits are packaged to work with a 10-11 oz. dough ball. The Roots Dough package is 22 oz. or enough for two pizzas or pizza kits.