Greg's Garden Pizza
Using Roots Pizza Dough and a Garden Pizza Kit, this is a guide to putting it all together.
- Pizza Stone, Peel, Cast Iron Skillet, or Sheet Tray
- Sharp Knife
- Rolling Pin (if needed)
- 10-11 oz Roots Pizza Dough If using the Roots Malt Dough, cut in half.
- 5 fl oz Roots Pizza Sauce
- 6 oz Diced Red & Green Bell Peppers
- 3 oz Roasted Mushrooms
- 2 oz Green & Kalamata Olive Blend
- 3 oz Roasted Broccoli
- 2 oz Spinach
- 8 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- dash of for serving, as desired: greek oregano, grated parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes
- If using a pizza stone, preheat oven to 400 F and preheat the stone 30-45 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- About 15 minutes before you'd like to start prepping your pizza pull your dough from the refrigerator and let it proof a bit at room temperature. Remove the dough from the Roots bag and cut in half and let it sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. The longer it sits, the easier it will be to work with but the less sweet the dough will taste.
- Roll out the dough ball to a 12-inch round or to your preferred shape. See recipe video for tips on rolling out and shaping pizza dough.
- Assemble the pizza. Spread the pizza sauce over the rolled out dough. If building the pizza QC Style, most of the ingredients are added prior to adding the cheese. Add the diced peppers, roasted mushrooms, olive mix, and spinach.
- Next cover the vegetables and sauce with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Then top the cheese with the roasted broccoli. Feel free to switch up which vegetables go under the cheese or over the cheese.
- Transfer the assembled pizza to the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is a golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, 1-2 minutes, before slicing.
- Slice & Serve: Carefully slice the pizza on a cutting board. Slice into 6-8 pieces if using strips or slices. Due to the amount of ingredients on this pizza, we recommend cutting this pizza into slices.
Pizza Kits are packaged to work with a 10-11 oz. dough ball. The Roots Dough package is 22 oz. or enough for two pizzas or pizza kits.