The Cleo McDowell Pizza Kit
Look... me and the McDonald's people got this little misunderstanding. See, they're McDonald's... I'm McDowell's. They got the Golden Arches, mine is the Golden Arcs. They got the Big Mac, I got the Big Mick. We both got two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions, but their buns have sesame seeds. My buns have no seeds.
- Pizza Stone, Peel, Cast Iron Skillet, or Sheet Tray
- Sharp Knife
- Rolling Pin (if needed)
- 10-11 oz Roots Pizza Dough If using the Roots Malt Dough, cut in half.
- 8 fl oz Louis Dressing (Secret Sauce)
- 7 oz Cooked Ground Beef
- 1 oz Diced Yellow Onions
- 6 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 Head Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 5 oz Diced Pickles
- dash of for serving, as desired: greek oregano, grated parmesan, crushed red pepper flakes
- If using a pizza stone, preheat oven to 400 F and preheat the stone 30-45 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- About 15 minutes before you'd like to start prepping your pizza pull your dough from the refrigerator and let it proof a bit at room temperature. Remove the dough from the Roots bag and cut in half and let it sit at room temperature for 15-30 minutes. The longer it sits, the easier it will be to work with but the less sweet the dough will taste.
- Roll out the dough ball to a 12-inch round or to your preferred shape. See recipe video for tips on rolling out and shaping pizza dough.
- Assemble the pizza. Spread the Louis Dressing over the rolled out dough with a spoon. Spread the cooked ground beef evenly over the pizza. Spread the diced yellow onions evenly over the cooked ground beef.
- Next cover with the shredded mozzarella cheese and the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the assembled pizza to the oven and bake for 10-13 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is a golden brown.
- Once the pizza is done cooking, remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly, 1-2 minutes. Top the pickles and shredded romaine lettuce. NO SESAME SEEDS!
- Slice & Serve: Carefully slice the pizza on a cutting board. Slice into 6-8 pieces if using strips or slices.
Pizza Kits are packaged to work with a 10-11 oz. dough ball. The Roots Dough package is 22 oz. or enough for two pizzas or pizza kits.